California Encroachment Permittee Payment Bond

What do I need to do before purchasing this bond?

Contact the California Department of Transportation to determine whether your permit requires a payment surety bond and your required bond amount.                                                      

Who needs a California Encroachment Permittee Payment Bond?

If you are applying for an encroachment permit for work within, under or over a California State highway right of way, you may be required to obtain a payment bond. The bond requirement is pursuant to California Streets and Highways Code Section 677.

Why is the California Encroachment Permittee Payment Bond required?

The California state highway encroachment surety bond ensures that all required fees related to encroachment work are paid.

Bond Terms
Amount and Term
Starting at $1,000 for One Year
Starting at $100 for One Year
Issue Type
Instant Issue
Instant Issue Bolt

State of California

Department of Transportation

1120 N Street; MS 49

Sacramento, CA 95814

Apply for Your Bond by Selecting from the List Below

Street Permit Bonds
Order Bond

How MassBond Works


Find the Best Rates Instantly

We find you the best rates.


Pay Instantly Online

100% secure payments and no wait time.


Get Bonded in Minutes!

Pending approval, print your bond at home.

General Questions

What is a surety bond?

A surety bond is a three-party agreement among a principal, an obligee, and a surety.

The bond formalizes the principal's obligation to the obligee. The surety guarantees that the principal will fulfill their obligation.

Application Questions

Financial Questions